Saturday, January 20, 2007

Purple Pleasures from Peg



I recently received a really fun package in the mail from my friend, Peg. If you like my blog, you'd love her blog, Artistic Explorartions . I sent her a sewing kit (you can see those elements in my archives - look for a pin cushion, a needle case and a scissor case.) I was ABSOLUTELY THRILLED with what I had been given. The album is one she made by hand. I loved it when I thought she recovered a premade album, I was amazed when I learned that she made it by hand. The padding is tie dye fleece. The silver beads are antique. And I LOVE the fibers. I am crzy for fun ribbons and fibers. Next was the monogram "W" that she made with her Cricut. It has all kinds of fiber and bling - and oh so purple. My favorite is the tiny needle felted bear. It is all of 2" tall and he even comes with a tiny, embellished box that Peg made. Now, I love that tiny bear, but the addtion of the box sent it over the top. I have a silly love of containers (This year my mom gave me two hat boxes just for the joy of them). The picture here does not do him justice! Tucked in the box were also needle felting needles (something I want to learn) and ultra tiny glass beads for embellishing things. Now, how lucky can a girl get?

Now I am working on her Valentine's Day package. I will be sending out two of them - one for Natalie and one for Peg.

No comments: