Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Mail Art Swaps & Indian Summer Quilt WIP



As I wondered around blogland I came upon a fun 5 x 7 art swap hosted by Tiffany. Participants sign up and create a piece of art that will fit into a 5" x 7" envelope. It can be almost any media. Currently she has about 60 people from all over the globe. She is welcoming people to sign up until 8:00 p.m. this Thursday. If you are interested you can find more information at 5x7art.blogspot.com. I am already trying to come up with something fun for the person I will be sending to.
I have also sent out two Valentine's day packages. I will post pictures once they have been received - I wouldn't want to ruin any surprizes!
My yearning to do certain crafts seems to be seasonal, and so I have entered and are galavanting in the season of the needle. My latest venture is to begin a new quilt. This is called an Indian Summer quilt. I absolutely adore the colors. Many of the fabrics softly shift from one color tone to another, moving from light blue to medium and to a dark hue of blue, or purple. I am making quick progress on this one. It will be a simple wall quilt. We remodeled our bedroom over three years ago, but never really finished redecorating it. Other things always seemed to call us away. One of my resolutions this year is to make my bedroom a welcoming, calming place - and this is where I shall begin.

2 comments:

Peg said...

Oh, this is going to be beautiful!!! The fabrics almost look like silk... Can't wait to see it finished!!!

tiffany... said...

hey! thanks for posting about 5x7art! i'm so excited!