Sunday, January 21, 2007

Snowbound Actions and Accomplishments



Would you believe that it is snowing, again? This is the 7th weekend in a row for that white, cold stuff to blanket our yards, roads and homes. Rumor has it that it may warm up to 38 degrees on Thursday - I've got my fingers crossed. So, I've been busy. My son is happy with his newest hat. This one is really cool, my best result and best pattern, yet. The bottom part is called a hemmed cuff. You cast on enough for the bottom and knit until you have about 7". Then you fold it up to match the bottom with the yarn on the dp needles. As you move onto the next color you knit through both layers (bottom and top) of the cuff color. This comes out nicely. The cuff is extra thick and snuggly. This hat is made with wonderful yarn that is alpacha, silk and cashmere. Next up is the hat that I started yesterday. We did enough running around, sitting playing games, etc. that I am already almost done with the hat. The black and red yarns are both cashmere and silk. The white is a vintage angora that came from an estate sale. Quite a find!
I also reworked one corner of my tiny art room. I moved out one kind of cabinet on wheels to make room for this little table so that I can have both my sewing maching and my Cricut machine available at the same time. Previously I had to pack up and store one before I could use the other - it ate up a lot of time. Now I am going to begin putting together a wall quilt I want to make for my bedroom.

1 comment:

Peg said...

Your knitting is beautiful!!
I also loved seeing your crafty corner!!! :)