Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Valentine Gift Boxes Received!

You may recognize many of the items in these photos as they have been posted as they were created. I boxes them up happily and sent them to the people who I know would be thrilled to receive them. At a glance they seem similar, and they are, but they also have some slight differences, personalized the the recipients. They both got fun decorated mailboxes with stickers, conversation heartcandy and heart socks. They both received a set of the "Hugs and Kisses" towels I made. They also go the really fun "bath truffles." I spied them when I was a the Bath and Body Works getting scented lotion. At first I wondered why they were selling chocolate truffles in a bath goods shop, then I noticed that they are in fact bath bombs. I hope they are a hit! They also each recieved valentine kits. The top photo shows the stuff I sent to Natalie. In addition to the stuff mentioned above, I sent her really cool Valentine's day stationary. The envelopes are just too cool! She also got the photo acrylic tags that I had intended to send with her Christmas box.
Peg's and Jake's box is next. The favorite thing that I included in her box was a "scrapper's candy box" which I put together. Doing that alone was a blast! I had wanted to get a traditional heart shaped candy box and fill it with scrapper's embellishments, but the box was too expensive and I surely did not need several pounds of candy sitting around. Instead I found a fun box that had a small amount of chocolates in this molded box. I filled the cavities with sequins, ribbon, buttons, and so on. If you have a card maker/scrap booker on your list - this is the most fun thing to give them! I included enough candy for everyone in her family. I also sent off Ellie's box to Jake. It is detailed in a recent blog.
I do these boxes because I love thinking about the person they are for as I am finding the goods, making the stuff. I know they will enjoy them. Sometime I even giggle when I mail them. I wish there was an instant transportation item so that I did not have to wait for the mailcarrier to deliver them.

1 comment:

Peg said...

You are awesome!! I still haven't totally unpacked the box, because I love going through it again and again!! The towels are hanging, though. Love them!!!!