Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Scissor, Sushi and Unagi for the New Year


Some friends of mine invited us to a New Year's Day party and we had an absolute blast. I learned how to make and enjoy California Rolls, Sushi and Unagi (Rice with smoked eel). I am not a big fan of fish, so I was surprized when I liked it. I had so much fun that I helped make a bunch of the rolls at the party. I also helped put together a lot of the Unagi (as pictured in this post). We could not make them fast enough. It was the most fun that I have had at a party in a while.
On the homefront, I continue to create items for the sewing kits. Today I got two of the four scissor cases done. I had hemmed and hawed about how to design them, and finally decided on a flap with magnetic snaps. My friend got some of the smaller magnet sets and that set me thinking. I had to be careful how it was put together. The magnets have a definate right and wrong side. I made the first one wrong and the magnets would only fight, so I fixed it and did not repeat the mistake on the other. I had been thinking of making a matching bag to carry the items in, but I am running out of the fabric. Since it was from my stash I doubt I can get any more.
Next up? Maybe an apron or some scrapbooking.

1 comment:

Peg said...

OH my gosh!! The scissor cases turned out amazing!!!! :)