Wednesday, February 07, 2007

And this is how a party begins...


I thought you might like to see some more of the quilts on the walls in my home. They look a bit funny because they are hung high up on a wall and I am a bit short. Technically these are not actually quilts as there are only two layers, not three. They are backed with pinwale corduroy. I did not put in any batting. Looking back, I wish I had. They would hang nicer. That was before I began to get a grip on how to actually quilt.

On Sunday, as Ellie and I were making cards, she mentions that it is much more fun doing it together. I agreed, of course. :) Then she mentioned that she was sorry more of her friends did not have the opportunity to make cards like we do, and that is where a party began. It started innocent enough with thinking about having three friends over to make cards. Then, there is the issue of food. We decided to make it a simple potluck. Next, the moms thought it sounded fun - and it would be more fun for me, too, so the moms were invited. Before we knew it, we were creating a party. Ethan has graciously agreed to let us offer some of his truffles. We also got fun paperwares and gift bags. The gift bags are little kits. Each holds four blank cards with envelopes, 10 sheets of decorative papers, some ribbon, a color changing pencil and a few decorations. It will be a fun party indeed. I'll post pictures of the event soon.

1 comment:

Peg said...

We want to come!!!!!
It sounds like you will have a fabulous time!!!