Monday, February 19, 2007

Quilt WIP


Now that I have the correct darning foot I am having a lot of fun quilting. I am aiming to quilt the Indian Summer wallhanging that I pieced recently (you can see it in a pervious post). I did not want to practice on that, so I practiced on this and am very pleased with how it is going. This is one of many tops that I made during a year long color theory class I took about two years ago.
The pattern for this come from Sandi Cummings's book, QUILT AROUND THE BLOCK. The book is a lot of fun.
Part of what makes this quilt cool to me is that I hand-dyed much of the fabric. It is really gratifying to see how it looks with other fabrics. The colors are very pure. I did mix in commercially created quilt fabrics as well. It was one of the ways that I was breaking out of my habits , pushing the creative envelope, if you will.
I like the blue and yellow quilting on the back nearly as much as I like the front. I tried to take a close up of it to share it with you, but it did not work well enough to post.
I am presently home sick - what a way to spend the holiday weekend!Feeling like your throat is on fire and that someone attached weights to every part of your body without telling you - uuhhgg, cough,cough! However, I will now commence adding the binding. It is quiet work that I can do in bed.
I am already thinking about which top will be my next practice piece. How many lap quilts can a family have, I wonder.

1 comment:

Peg said...

Beautiful!!!
I've caught the creeping crud as well... ack...
Be well soon!