Saturday, December 30, 2006

Birthday Eve Tea


Tomorrow is my birthday. As a special treat my husband's cousin's wife, Lilia took Ellie, Eleanor (MIL) and I to tea at The Windsor House. It is my favorite place to have tea. It is owned by a few women from England who moved here when their husbands were transfered. We had a lovely time. We drank many tea pots full of tea and each of us had a delightful plate, like the one featured here. It had three kinds of sandwiches (Egg Salad; Turkey, butter and Brandson Pickle ( a bit like chutney); and Ham with butter and cream cheese. We also had petite foures and the ever popular scones (two kinds) with strawberry jam and double cream. It was a grand way to quitely celebrate my birthday.

On my way home from having tea I stopped in at a cooking store. They had THE CUTEST aprons. You can view them at saucy-wear.com. But let me tell you, the pictures on the web don't do them justice.

The cinnamon rolls I made yesterday was a smashing hit. If anyone is interested, I will post the recipe. It is absolutely the best I've made thus far!

1 comment:

Peg said...

Happy Birthday!!!