Thursday, December 14, 2006

Famil Gift WIPs




Every year I try to make something handmade and special for my husband, daughter and son. This year I've got a good start on it. The knitting is a hat that I am making for my husband. When I went to pick out the yarn I had to have a lot of focus. He tends to like the very basic, greyed down colors of the earth and sky. I like all of the funky stuff. I carried around a wonderful bit of yarn that was mostly blue, but with flecks of green and purple in it. I realized that while it would be fun to knit, it was not really intended for a manly hat, so I opted for this very basic, make Larr happy, color. The colorful photo is of some of the pieces that I have cut out for a quilted banner that I will make for my daughter. She has a major Penguin thing going, and this will be fun. Thanks to WonderUnder, it will be a snap. The addition of heat attached Swavorkican cystals will add the bling that I so love. Ethan is getting the dark red bathrobe he has so kindly asked for. I did not include a photo because it came out looking like a red blob.

No comments: