Monday, December 04, 2006

Glassy, Glittery Snowflake Decorations


I have this thing for snowflakes. I just love them. One year I had my students help me make some and now I have over 100 paper snowflakes that I hang from the ceilling in my classroom. Not many high school teachers decorate ( I don't do very much, just a little for fun) and my students seem to really enjoy it.
This was a blast to make. The base is an 8" chipboard snowflake make by www.makingmemories. com. I then used a blue stamp pad and added swirls to both sides. I covered that with tacky glue and applied this really cool superfine glass glitter that I recently purchased. Now I have to decide what I should use to hang it - ribbon, fun yarn, fish line, beaded string? Any suggestions? They will go in my windows. I have wreaths that hang on the outside. You can see the back side of them inside. I will hang them there, making the wreath back look like a frame.

1 comment:

Peg said...

LOVE your snowflake! Glad that you were able to upload your photo! I still can't seem to! But apparently a lot of people are having the same problem.
:) Peg B.