Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Buche de Noel & Post Blizzard Shopping

Our family had a wonderful Christmas. We had wild times, quiet times and fun times. We had merriment at home, at Grandma Gay's house and at Grandma Eleanor & Grandpa Don's house. This is the Buche de Noel that Ethan and I made for the Christmas dinner. Ethan and I made the mushrooms together. The cake is a simple, airy chocolate bit that has been covered with Chantilly Cream, rolled up and decorated. Everyone was very complimentary and it was gone in a flash!

Today, the day after Christmas, was a big shopping day. I scored big at Target by getting another four settings of the Torde plates that I love. My mom got an entire basket of stuff. She loved it so much that she went home and decorated her home with it.

The grocery store was another matter. It is predicted that we may get another blizzard, with 8"-15" of snow on Thursday or Friday. I went to stock up. Boy was I amazed at what it was like. In the produce section you could buy celery or oranges, nothing else was available. In the meat department you could get a small bit of pork or chicken nuggets. Forget about most of the breads. If you want cheese you could get a soft Mexican cheese or cream cheese. Let's hope you don't need eggs. They had one carton left, and it had broken eggs. Each section was a similar story.

I will be employing my creative cooking skills this week. Right now I am working on green chile. I can't wait to get back to crafting!

No comments: