Monday, December 11, 2006

Mike's Glittery Red Box




My friend Connie and I spent a long Saturday recently in a flurry of creation. She loved the box I made for her, so I taught her how to make them, too. The most challenging one was the one for her brother, Mike. We were stumped. Mike is an unusual guy, so we had to make him an unsusal box. He has rooms n his house with a color theme and each room has Christmas lights up year round. Mike's favorite color is read. We tinted the box red, but then we were stuck. Finally I got an inspiration. I made raised, glittered letters. I found that using glue dots with something that has glitter on it is problematic. Next time I will most likely use double sided foam tape. That much red on red didn't work, so we put a strip of fun, striped paper. I used rub-ons and an occasional permenant marker to fill in letters I had runout of. I put "Peace," "Blessings," "Hope," "Joy," "Create," and "Inspire." Then I put on tacky glue and glitter. I learned that thin glue does nto stick to the metal and that tacky glue does not seem to dry clear, at least not so far. Connie will fill it with more Christmas lights, a nice watch with a red face and a few other interesting items.

1 comment:

Peg said...

Beautiful Box!!!